Sunday, September 23, 2012

"Marley"


So I have mad love for Bob Marley and his music, but I have to be honest in saying that I didn't know much about his past or the legacy he's carried on. I, like many others, have always ignorantly associated himself mostly just with that gud gud if you know what I mean.

Well, I came across this documentary "Marley", which is now available on Netflix streaming, and I'm so glad I took the time to watch it. It tells the story of Bob Marley's life, including growing up in the notorious Trenchtown hood in Kingston, Jamaica. Although there are certainly aspects of Marley's life that weren't perfect, he seemed like a great man that has done alot for his nation and music in general. He truly seemed to care for others around him, which most definitely spoke through in his music.

Basically what I'm hinting at is that everyone should check out this documentary, especially if you are like me and am a fan of his music but may not know much about him and his life. Smooches.

No comments:

Post a Comment